Designated Safeguarding Leaders
At Meadowside our Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSL) are: -
- Mrs J. Garnham (Head Teacher)
- Mrs Hammond (Pastoral Support Manger)
Other staff to approach if you have a query (all of whom have had DSL training & are deputy DSLs): -
- Miss Lewis (Deputy Head)
- Mrs Hoskins (Assistant Head)
- Mrs Astley (Assistant Head)
All staff at Meadowside receive regular safeguarding training to be able to support children and families well.
Meadowside Primary School fully recognises the contribution it can make to protect children and support pupils in school. The pupils’ welfare and safety is of paramount importance. The aim of our work in school is to safeguard and promote our pupils’ welfare, safety and health by fostering an honest, open, caring and supportive climate.
There are four main elements to our Safeguarding:
- Prevention (e.g. positive, supportive school atmosphere, teaching and pastoral support to pupils, safer recruitment procedures);
- Protection (by following agreed procedures, ensuring all staff are trained and supported to respond appropriately and sensitively to Child Protection concerns);
- Support (to pupils and school staff and to children who may have been abused);
- Working with parents (to ensure appropriate communications and actions are undertaken).
The school adapts an open and accepting attitude towards children as part of its responsibility for pastoral care. All staff encourage children and parents to feel free to talk about any concerns and to see school as a safe place when there are difficulties. Children’s fears and concerns will be taken seriously and children are encouraged to seek help from members of staff.